I know, it’s a while between new articles here on the main blog but there’s some good stuff going on over on facebook that you might have missed out on if you weren’t paying attention. There’s some inspirational stuff from me, some motivational stuff, some controversial stuff, and a whole lot of my peeps checking in and talking about their on going success.
When I say ongoing success, we’re talking about more than just weight loss or whatever else it is that people might think I do with this business. Weight loss is a part of it, improved performance at training is a part of it… the big picture that you can see over there is a bunch of happy people who have realised that getting into great shape doesn’t mean missing out on anything that life has to offer outside of the gym, especially where food is involved. You get into shape by following an intelligent strategy to produce that result, not via deprivation and suffering.
I’m about to hit you with some facts about getting into great, athletic shape; the opposite of what most people think.
- If you’re training regularly, and especially with an active lifestyle out side of training, your calorie requirements go UP, not down. That’s right, even when you’re training for weight loss, you need to eat more than you probably think.
- In fact, if you really want to ensure great results you need to focus on making sure you exceed your minimum total calorie intake and are properly fuelled, not on restricting to a lower than low amount.
- Oh and clean eating? Sure. It’s important to meet your micronutritional requirements and the best way to do so is with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. But there is always plenty of room in the plan for a little of whatever you like now and then, even ice cream. And especially pizza.
- Training should be hard work, but also an enjoyable and empowering experience. Pick up something heavy, drop it down again and feel the Earth shake beneath your feet. That’s empowering!
- The purpose of training is not just to burn calories. It is to ensure that our bodies take all of the delicious fuel we put into them and put it to good use in making us healthy, strong, and awesome.
- Read that line above over and over again if you have any hang ups or negative associations with eating.
Edit & update, May 2016: Wow… this is from way back in 2013?
There was a section here with links to some posts on my facebook page, but apparently the URLs have changed or something and the links didn’t work any more. No problem, especially since I published an epic new masterpost on the same subject over on blogspot this week. You should definitely click this and read before you eat more to lose weight.
Plenty more great stuff on there, so go!